Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Connie

I was expelled from second grade for being incorrigible after telling the teacher exactly what I thought of her, using language that I shouldn't have known, but it felt so good!
I rode a bicycle for the first time at age 15 and a month later entered a 100Km race, finishing in fourth place.
I fell asleep on the subway and rode to the end of the line before someone woke me up. I had no idea where I was, having never been there before.
I made love to a sales girl in the dressing room of a high class department store while in university. It was totally spontaneous. I never knew I was bisexual. We were inseparable lovers for nearly 35 years. Our husbands always suspected but never knew for certain.
I sent over 2000 Christmas cards one year, to nearly everyone I had ever met. It seemed like a fun thing to do but took me a month to write them all out.

Connie, age 66

No comments:

Post a Comment